Reporting directly to the owners of the business the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer will be responsible for strategic sales leadership for the company across all lines of business and channels, including internal sales and marketing employees. Included in this role is the responsibility for directing and managing market competitiveness, pricing, and channel strategies. This goal is achieved by providing leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and sales growth in line with the company’s vision and values.
The CSMO will also in conjunction with top management, build the company’s Brand, drive defined revenue growth targets, organisational capacity, market adoption of the company’s products and be responsible for revenue growth within the organization. The CSMO will take a group perspective on market opportunities and lead in the assessment and prioritization of geographic as well as market segments.
The CSMO’s primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, advertising and public relations.
- Develop and implement a robust, forward-thinking Marketing and Sales Strategy and processes that deliver growth
- Monitor the sales targets and performance of the sales team.
- Strategize on related business opportunities to identify additional resources that would increase the company’s revenue and profitability.
- Conducts data and statistical analysis to determine pricing techniques, considering the availability of supplies and its market demands.
- Provide leadership and guidance to regional coordinators to increase revenue and individual accountability
- Persists in sales even in the face of failure and finds ways to sell products in the face of a down market Analyses and creates a plan for engaging the target market
- Analyses the competition to create a plan for engagement
- Makes sure that all salespeople meet their targets during a given period Oversee all current marketing/sales expenditure and ensure ROI Interact with internal stakeholders like Finance, IT and debtors
- Effective performance management, in conducting weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reviews Involvement in national and regional accounts
- Applicable tertiary qualification e.g. BCom Marketing or related
- At least 10-year senior leadership experience in high growth organisation Highly strategic leader – establishing critical plans and executing them
- Able to demonstrate unwavering leadership and navigate change within a privately-owned organisation
- Understand how to be forward thinking and demonstrate strong sales leadership and expertise in creating a winning sales and marketing structure that supports growth and innovation
- Hands-on management approach
- Track record in spearheading successful integrated solutions with measurable results Experience in identifying, cultivating and growing strategic accounts
- Experience in national top-level negotiations
- Sound communication skills and commercial acumen
- Eagerness to innovate and modernise the capability of the business Extensive sales and marketing management experience
- Highly results driven and thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Highly developed data skills – analysis, synthesis, reporting and decision making. Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Entrepreneurial spirit Fully bilingual
Must be willing to consider relocation to either Klerksdorp or Potchefstroom
Candidates in Gauteng PTA/JHB will be considered.
Salary – R 950,000.00 – R 1,400,000.00